From the shameless self-promotion department, I am pictured below wearing my new t-shirt, a gift from my thoughtful cousin Karen from Virginia. Big thanks and shout out to her and the rest of the Virginians! The martini is a summer delight combining Arizona green tea, dry saki, and vodka. I might have had a few too many.
Now, on to the Jew News you have all been clamoring for:
– What it’s like to be a working jewish mom during the pandemic – Oy
– A professional photographer gives an intimate view of Hasidic weddings – A revealing essay and photos
– Beyond BLM: Blacks and Jews in Baltimore suburbs coming together via a bowling alley – Forest Park is Baltimore’s version of Mattapan, a once Black and Jewish integrated neighborhood
– On the internet, no-one knows you are a dog, or if you are praying – Musings on what to do for the high holidays during the pandemic
– Jews on horses? Read about this horse tale from a Jewish woman in love with horses
– On Culture: Yo, Semites! A nifty twist on a Trumpism; and a few recipes from Seth Rogan’s “American Pickle”
– Can a former Obama advisor save Manny’s Deli in Chicago? An institution in the windy city since 1942, locals will surely miss the corned beef if he fails!
– Dear Bintel: A brisket thief, an orthodox kiss and tell, a troubled best man, and an outdoor shabbat dinner proposal – All good advice from Bintel!
All for now, and hey, let’s be careful out there!
Brad out. https://assets.forward.com/pdfs/ShabbatNL-080720.pdf