This week 3 former Presidents eulogized John Lewis, who fought and bled for a better democracy and voting rights, while the current Orange Turd who pretends to be a president took yet another step in attempting to invalidate our elections where (i pray) he will lose in a democratic tsunami. I apologize in advance, as i deliberately avoid politics in this news review, but indulge me this once and watch the attached Twitter video which sadly (and, warning, with some vulgar language) summarizes what a complete pile of idiotic hypocrisy we are enduring. It’s a little over the top, and drips with sarcasm, but entertaining and somewhat informative. Please do whatever you can to get all your relationships to vote either by mail or by whatever method they are most comfortable by this November 3rd. No joke, I think this could be the most important vote since the civil war.
Now, for what has surely been on your minds this whole week, here is the Jew News of the week, courtesy of The Forward:
– Hyperbolic comparisons of LA protests to Kristalnacht are gross and stupid – Silly Rabbi
– AOC envy? Where is the equivalent Jewish voice for woman? Could be that most of the Jewish organizations are heavily dominated by men….duh
– Speaking spanish at the Lox shop? Short and cute, i guess
– The Muppet Show a collaboration of a Christian Scientist from Mississippi and a Jew from California? Read about it here!
– Trump’s jackboot thugs rounding up the innocent without due process – No surprise there….two stories that should make you worried
– A challenge to traditional Jewish upbringing and Zionism from……Seth Rogan? Yes, the Canadian Jewish actor has been promoting his new movie and not shying away from controversy
– Opinion: And a strong one at that….An Israeli Jew casts doubts about US jews knowledge of the middle east
– And another view: Don’t throw the baby Zionism out with the bathwater
– On Culture: Frog and Toad turn 50: Arnold Nobel’s famous book has a lesson on empathy (hmmmm someone forgot to read this story)
All for now, and hey, let’s be careful out there!
Brad out. https://assets.forward.com/pdfs/ShabbatNL-073120.pdf