I usually like to start with something light hearted or humorous, but given the secular news this week, it’s hard to put myself in a humorous mood. The jewish prayer for healing is called Mi Shebeirach and is usually said in temple while the torah is open. People provide the rabbi with names of loved ones that are ill, and their name gets added to the list for the prayer. I would like to suggest our country be added to the list this week in the hopes we can begin healing and finding some silver linings in the gathering storm clouds.
Now, onto this weeks jew headlines, and one of them is particularly annoying:
– A Hasidic reporter tries to get fellow orthodox knuckleheads to abide by social distancing rules
– A BUBKA with ham?!! Oy, it’s the end of the world as we know it.
– Zoom helps flatten the world, and Judaism too!
– Why Trump has his vote – read a brave assholes attempt to rationalize supporting the orange turd
– YIVO, the institute for Jewish research, thrives even during the pandemic
All for now. Let’s hope for a peaceful remainder of the weekend.
And hey, let’s be careful out there!
Brad out https://assets.forward.com/pdfs/ShabbatNL-052920.pdf