I am saddened by the loss of RBG, but because of her work and humanity, we should all feel prouder as Jews and Americans. Like all of us, she was not without her faults, but she represented the possibilities and hopes of ourselves and our country. Yesterday, she became the first woman, and first Jewish American, to lie in state at our nation’s capital and most probably the first person to ever be honored with ceremonial push-ups. Today, the orange turd will officially nominate her replacement, essentially giving the finger to RBG’s dying wish, and apparently, most of the country. Please don’t let the republican ghouls stomp on our country and values any longer, and make sure you get everyone you know to vote them all off the planet.
Culture tip of the week: Apple + begins streaming the new Israeli spy show, “Tehran”. Same head writer as Fauda, but without Noah. Decent reviews, and the trailer looks good!
Yom Kippur begins Sunday evening. May you be sealed in the book of life!
And now, without further ajieu, here is the Jew News in Review:
– Was RGB a new kind of Jew? Her style was more Brooklyn than Brandeis.
– Cancel culture strikes again; Zoom, Youtube other platforms shut down PLO terrorist Leila Khaled – Call me old fashioned, but I still believe in fighting for the right of an asshole to speak their mind.
– From the advice column – Dear Bintel: I forgot to call when his mother died, what should i do now? My advice: Pick up the phone you moron…
– Zoom high holiday services a hit, but not helping the temple coffers – Maybe they should consider pay per view?
– Book Review: “Finding my Father” – if you are looking for something new to read, this might be interesting
– Reach out to family and get them to vote! – A democrat decided to reach out to her republican cousin and talk politics. Good idea!
– From the recipe book: A story about home made lentils and noodles…yummy!
All for now, and hey, let’s be careful out there!
Brad out. https://assets.forward.com/pdfs/ShabbatNL-092520-final.pdf