Don’t know about all of you, but I find myself conflicted in the “wish him well” or not department. My basic humanity instinctively prefers the former, but after almost 4 years of this horrible human showing no sympathy or empathy to anyone but himself, I lean toward the latter. I think David Frum said it best, “Wish him well, but recognize that his deformed spirit will never be well —— and that nothing can be well for the country under his leadership.” Nuf said, I hate even bringing him into the weekly conversation.
Brad and Sandy’s backyard Sukkah
Shabbat Shalom family and friends! I know you have all been very busy building and preparing your sukkahs for the holiday as Sandy and I have been (pictured above), but take a break when you get a chance and read this week’s compendium of Jew News for the week, provided of course by The Forward. So, here you go:
– Who is a Jew? We are the rainbow religion! – Interesting article about Jews of color (10-15% of us!) that raises some interesting questions and observations of the faith.
– Jewish museums in NY re-opening under Phase 4: good news before winter starts, but still a little unsettling sharing public space – I am not rushing out to any museums quite yet.
– What to cook for Sukkot to celebrate the fall harvest? Ponder no longer, and check out a few suggestions. I am leaning toward the Sharon lower east side knish! (ask me for the recipe)
– Amy Coney Barrett may be a disaster for women, especially working mothers, but she is quite the example of how a working mom “can have it all” – Agree with her or not, you can try and admire her accomplishments.
– “Heil honey, I’m home!” How did this 1990’s Hitler with Jewish neighbors sitcom make it on the air? Spoiler alert: it only aired one episode!
– Proud Boys vs Antifa: There is no equivalence, but the media continues to frame it that way – Read this debate
– “When i hear Trump speak, I hear Hitler again. When i see his rallies, it’s like what I saw in Nazi Germany” – The wise warnings of a 100 year old Holocaust survivor.
– Do the Proud Boys know their anthem was written by a Gay Jew? They probably aren’t reading The Forward, so they may not! Love the Irony here
.- Is it ok to throw a “Cat-Mitzvah” for a beloved pet if you are not Jewish? Hmmmm, or as my daughter-in-law suggests, a “Bark-Mitzvah”?
All for now, and hey, let’s be careful out there!
Brad out. https://assets.forward.com/pdfs/ShabbatNL-100220.pdf