There may be no joy in Mudville, but there is certainly more joy around the good ole US of A now that America’s favorite pastime is back in half-swing. Our good ole Red Sox may have the worst pitching rotation in the league, but as my brother would say, “anything can happen in a 60 game season”. So, root root root for the Red Sox, if they don’t win, it’s probably the pitching….
Now, for what you have all been waiting for, The Jew News review for the week, courtesy of The Forward. And don’t forget, Tom Friedman is on the JUDJ call this wednesday evening (see link below). Will be interesting to see if he is still pushing for Biden to insist that before he agree to debate, the Orange Turd release his taxes and there be real time fact checking. Most have dismissed as a silly gimmick.
Now for the news:
– How institutional racism paved the way for gentrification and a Jewish resurgence in several LA neighborhoods – Like Jews moving back into Dorchester or Mattapan, a full circle of neighborhood disruption due to racism.
– China getting away with genocide – We’ve seen this horror story before
– Do Jewish Day schools have a segregated past? Will they renew their own historical teachings?
– History hidden in an armchair – Fascinating tale of how ordinary Germans enabled the Nazi regime
– Dear Bintel: Is it ok to party at my dead Bubbie’s house? I don’t make this stuff up
All for now, and hey, let’s be careful out there!
Brad out. https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.forward.com/pdfs/ShabbatNL-072420.pdf